Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Russians Are Coming!


It’s amazing how things can pile up on you. You get partway done one project and two or three more find their way onto the queue. Sometimes it’s a favor for a friend, sometimes its financially motivated, and sometime you just have a creative idea that won’t leave you alone.
Right now I’m working on painting my Ariadna army. Honestly, this project is overdue. I’ve had some of these figures for months now and other things, like painting up new Karakuri models for the tournament last June, or a friendly painting commission for four alien ‘Hungries’, have gotten in the way. While Duroc is all done but the base, and all but the details are done on my Dozer, Zouave, and the Traktor Muls, there are still a number of models that are just beyond the bare metal stage and that could really use my attention.


In addition to priming them black, I've also laid down a base coat of Army Painter’s Army Green with the airbrush. No group photos of the base coat though.

More updates to come, including some of the finished Ariadna models, a review of a GW Finecast product, and maybe even a batrep or two from some friendly games coming up this weekend. Hopefully I've learned a thing or two from my performance in Saint John!
Finally, I’m really looking forward to getting my hands on some of the new releases from Corbus Belli that have been announced over the last few months. I think I’ll really enjoy working on the resculpt of the Antipode Assault Squad!

No comments:

Post a Comment